Alaska Water Taste Challenge
Do you treat or distribute the best water in Alaska?
Maybe you work in a community with the best water.
If you want to prove it, bring your samples to the Annual Statewide Conference!
- The Water Taste Test is open to any system represented at the conference.
- All systems entering must have incurred no state or federal drinking water violations (MCL, monitoring, recordkeeping, etc.) during the previous calendar year.
- Personal attendance is required for the competition. If a representative from a water system will not be attending, the director of the system may appoint an alternate representative to submit their sample and attend the contest on their behalf.
- Two samples should sent, each in a 1-liter container. Glass containers are preferable, but utilities can use the container of their choosing. Each sample should be clearly identified
- Samples will be served at the provided temperature, to help the judges better judge each sample.
- All entries must have incurred no state or federal drinking water violations (MCL, monitoring, recordkeeping, etc.) during the previous calendar year.
- The water taste test will be conducted by a panel will be a mix of local public figures selected as flavor profile analyzers.
- Samples will be judged on a 10-point scale from Good (1) to best (10).
- Scores will be tabulated and the winner will be announced immediately following the contest.
- Only the winning sample will be announced – samples will not be ranked, nor will scores be released.